Friday, January 23, 2009

Pastel Painting of Approaching Storm over Farmland, 11" x 14"

"Storm Watch"This painting is framed and matted to 14" x 18"
Please email me if you are interested in purchase.




Where I live, there are a lot of open fields. We're facing the Strait of Juan de Fuca with our back against the Olympic Mountains. Although the weather changes frequently, because of the mountains, we are saved from the worst of the rain that blesses the State of Washington. However, the combination of sea and mountains makes for some pretty dynamic weather effects. One of my favorites is when the sky darkens with heavy clouds and the sun is low enough to shoot underneath lighting up parts of the landscape. This happens here quite frequently and I paint it whenever I can. While not as dramatic as some I've done, I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of this piece. There is something exciting about to happen, but the land the is waiting and watching. Nothing stirs.

No comments: