Saturday, January 03, 2009

Internet Cafe Scene, Oil on Board, 5" x 7"

"Afternoon Browser"
SOLD



I recently met a friend for an coffee break and a chat at a local cafe. A young woman who was intent on her computer while sipping her latte caught my eye. I loved the way her red wool dress and gray scarf were bundled about her. She was totally oblivious to my sneaky camera.
I used to be fascinated with airports and people watching at them until flying became such a hassle. Now I enjoy just looking at folks doing their thing at everyday places.
I did this painting as a poster study with large shapes and simple colors. These are good exercises and I enjoy the compositional problems that need to be solved on small pieces. Enjoy.
For those of you who have purchased work previously from me, I'd like to let you know that paintings are now being varnished with several gloss coats which brightens the painting and brings out the color passages.

No comments: