Saturday, August 09, 2008

Oil Painting of Roses and Nectarines, 11" x 14", Oil on Linen Panel

Diptych IISOLD
Private Collection



This piece was part of a recent commission. It was fun to do because when placed next to it's mate, they form a complete painting. I enjoy paintng lace and so I had double to fun. There's a small ladybug or two in this piece just as in it's mate.
I've been busy the last two days readying pieces for my show - lots still to do. I've varnished and framed and still have prints to run and photos to take. It's the back end of this business that takes so much time...computer and data entry, record keeping and paperwork. But hopefully soon I'll be clear to do some more actual painting!
The last week of September I'll be taking a workshop from David Leffel, one of today's great painters and a modern master. I'm completely overwhelmed just getting ready for this event and look forward to sharing my experiences and the work I do at it with you.

No comments: