Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oil Painting of Red Roses and Fruit, 9" x 12" Oil on Canvas Panel

"A Fall of Roses"SOLD







I spent the day at the Clallam County Fair today demonstrating and collected a small crowd to watch me finish this piece. The fair is such fun. We're such a small town here that every gathering of people reveals another Norman Rockwell vignette. I would have loved to get some good pictures but I spent the day in the art barn doing this little piece. I love sharing my work so this was great fun. These roses came out just great too! Lots and lots of thick paint. I actually sculpted the flowers out of it. Take a peek at the closeup below.


1 comment:

Craig and Tanya Amberson, said...

Lovely piece Susan! The red really pops! It would have been fun to be at the fair to watch you paint it.