Monday, August 04, 2008

Oil Painting of an Asian "Happiness" Jar with Magnolias, 8" x 10" Oil on Stretched Canvas

"The Happiness Jar"
SOLD



A recent foray to an antique shop brought me this fabulous Asian Jar. It's over 100 years old and the symbol on the front is for "Happiness" - or so I'm told. I did this small piece as a study for a larger one that is going in my upcoming show. I'm quite happy with the way it came out, but the photo doesn't do it justice. It's still quite wet and no matter how I set the lights, I got glare :-(. But it's really quite lovely and has great detail and depth for a small piece. Check out the detail shot below.
This painting was done on gallery wrap canvas with carefully painted edges so there is no need to frame - it's ready to hang as is. Please note that all my work is now being shipped in boxes.

No comments: