Thursday, February 12, 2009

Market Scene of Seller and Watermelon, 8" x 10", Oil on Canvas Panel

"...and I have watermelon!"

SOLD







The studio is still freezing and inaccessible but I cleared some of the mess away in the dining room and struggled through this painting of a fruit seller. I did this from a photograph I took a few months ago in Spain. Out of a 100 that I took in that dark market, this one was the best. I simplified things a bit but, overall, it's pretty close to the exciting color and action that was going on in that day.

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Producing a painting like this from a cold studio is amazing. The warmth and colour are exceptional!

Susan Martin Spar said...

Thanks Liz, but I did this in the dining room. Way too cold in the studio still. They did put in the doors between the old and new yesterday but the electric in that room still isn't connected and those French doors don't do much to hold out the cold. I'll have to take some pictures and post them here so you can all see what I'm whining about.