Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Oil Painting of White Magnolias in a blue glass vase, 9" x 12"

"Laughing Magnolias"
SOLD.



Happy Valentines Day! Here's some flowers for you. The nice thing about flowers, unlike chocolate, is that they don't add weight to your hips. This 9" x 12" piece, like all my others, is about light. Here the concept is simple. Contrast. I merely wanted to show intense light working its magic on some magnolias and setting them off by contrast. There's some good brush work here with some heavy paint layered on the magnolia which sits on the left sweet spot of the painting.

I haven't been posting as frequently the last two weeks as I'm getting ready for a show at the Blue Whole Gallery in Sequim, WA. You can take a peek by visiting http://www.bluewholegallery.com/. I'll also be posting some of the pieces here. They won't be available, however, on Ebay until after the show closes at the end of March.

No comments: