Thursday, June 11, 2009

Nude Figure Study, 9" x 12" Oil on Panel



We've been working on temperature studies in class this month. This piece, although, rough, was done on Tuesday. While not completely accurate, I'm pleased (and so was the master) with the overall temperature accuracy. Unfortunately, I got stuck at the end of the semi-circle around her and therefore had to cope with a side view. Not too interesting and static as far as poses go. I hope to make these small studies more pleasing to the eye as well as accurate as time goes by. While I've done many figure studies on this blog, only a few have been from life. The rest have come from photos which I bring up on my laptop because the lighting is more accurate that way. This is much more difficult as I'm racing against time and the hues are more elusive. Some day I hope to be able to afford models for long poses over a few days.

No comments: