Friday, June 12, 2009

"Rayon de Soleil"



Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $385 USD plus $15 USD s/h
Or, send me an email


I've just finished this one. Can you tell I'm suffering from a little identity crises? I've been doing a lot of close realism in class but three years of painting in a loose impressionist manner has made a deep and lasting influence on my style. I suppose I'm searching for something between the two. These roses are a bit tighter than my usual. Hope you like them. There's so much more texture on the vase than shows here.

3 comments:

Art with Liz said...

As always, I love what you do and envy your abilities with still life. But that Nude Figure Study is an absolute WOW - you should be unbelievably pleased with it!

Susan Martin Spar said...

Thanks Liz! I wasn't too fond of it initially, but now that I've been living with it awhile, I can see where I did OK and should be happy with my slow, but steady progress in this area. As always, I appreciate your feedback.

Gary Keimig said...

very nice painting. I think your many hours paid off with a beautiful painting. Love your blog especially your still lifes.
God bless and happy painting