Monday, April 06, 2009

Dogwood with Poppies, 12" x 16" Oil on Linen



Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $160 USD plus $15 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

I'm back! I tried to think of something witty to say but the simple truth is, it's done! Well mostly. There are a few details like a sink and the outside painting and landscaping, but that doesn't affect me or my ability to paint. The office is finished, the studio is mostly done and I am back to work - officially - today. And I must say, it's good to be back. I enjoyed the absence of pressure in not having to post something nearly every day, but I missed being "in touch". Even when I don't hear from folks out there, I know I'm being seen and heard and that seems to be enough to push the isolation of the studio away for a while.
This painting was completed during a demo at the Sequim Arts meeting in March. I intended to do a small 9" x 12" painting much like the ones I usually post here but one of my students pointed out to me that folks in the back rows wouldn't be able to see a thing. So I chose a larger canvas and painted with bigger brushes. The photo doesn't do it justice as the painting is on linen and the darn stuff reflects every little bit of light in the room. It's hard to keep a sharp image and still correct for the glare. I'm working on getting a better photgraphy set up. Well, I'm running late for my class in Seattle, so I'll post the slide show of the demo on Wednesday. See you then.

No comments: