Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nude Figure Painting, Oil on Panel, 5" x 7"

"Figure Study V"
SOLD



This is the fifth in a series of small format figure studies I'm doing. I really like the subtle colors and skin tones in this piece. I meet with my figure drawing group today and hope to complete something there as well. It's a lot harder in the group because I can't always get the spot I want and have to agree with eight or so other artists about the pose. I sure wish my studio were done so that I could have the models coming here more often. Things are just in too much disarray right now with the construction to have a model. You could hide a body in the old studio at this point.

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

I certainly don't think you're losing your touch. Again, another really beautiful figure study. The light and texture you achieve is so ... yummy!

Susan Martin Spar said...

Thank you Liz! I had a lot of fun painting this one. I actually did it from an old sketch. I'm really enjoying this little format. It's a nice change. I'm probably the only daily painter around who painted 11" x 14" daiy paintings. I started small two years ago and they kept growing. It's nice to get back to basics.