Monday, February 11, 2008

Flora Oil Painting of Magnolias and Asian Jar, 11" x 14" on Canvas Panel

"Asian Floral"Click here to bid.



Had some fun here and took a little extra time. I had to split my "daily painting into two short sessions due to schedule overload. I taught two classes back to back today and worked on this little pretty in the morning so I'm pretty whipped about now. This one has a little more detail than most of my pieces. That's probably because I came back the second day for another look. The flowers have lots of thick paint on them and the jar is pretty true to the actual jar without losing the painterly look I'm stiving for. Hope you like it. See the detail below. Now I gotta go cook dinner. Sigh.



1 comment:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

what a pleasing composition and subject. Very serene.