Monday, January 28, 2008

"Sunshine on a Winter's Day", 8" x 10", Oil on Canvas PanelClick here to bid.

Click here to see how this painting was done!




It snowed last night! Not a lot but even a couple of inches can keep me stuck as my care doesn't have snow tires. Dumb, you say? Well, maybe, but it hardly snows here at all so it doesn't seem worth it to put out those dollars for one or two days per year. Anyway, I retreated to my studio and brought a little sunshine into it. Honestly, it's amazing how many different kinds of flowers are available in the supermarket these days! My husband got these at Costco, of all places.

I've just started a new blog, called "Susan's Musings and Painting Tips". As one of my first posts, I've put a step-by-step, photo by photo, of each stage of this painting. Thought it might be fun to share my technique a bit. Look for more of these kinds of posts in the future.

No comments: