Thursday, December 28, 2006

California Landscape of a Eucalyptus Tree after a storm. 12" x 16"

"Storm Break"
SOLD





This landscape is painted in a realistic manner. The work is created using multiple glazes which gives it a wonderful light filled glow when lit with a picture light. It has an inviting sense of light and rich color. The scene is of an actual storm break in the Santa Ana Mountains in California. The painting's size of 16" x 12" makes it easy to frame or you can choose to hang it without a frame. Its sides are finished in black and it's reverse side is mounted with two parallel blocks that allow it to stand 1" from the wall creating a pleasant contemporary shadow effect.
I’ve been painting in a slightly larger format from the 5” x 7” that you’ve been seeing on my blog. While this one is 16” x 12”, the other two formats will be 8” x 10” and 9” x 12”. I hope you enjoy them. Pricing on opening bids will be about the same. I enjoy the larger format as it gives me a little more freedom. I’ve also just completed a very large. 24” x 48” still life which I’ll be posting soon. I’ll continue with the smaller format occasionally, but you’ll be seeing larger ones also from now on. Please let me know how you like them.

No comments: