Saturday, August 11, 2007

Original Plein Air Pastel Painting of Ruby Beach

"Ruby Beach"
Available $75.00
E-mail Susan about this painting.






Most of my collectors are unaware that I have been a pastel painter for more years than I have painted in oil. I recently decided to add my pastels to my daily painting blog and to put a few up for sale on Ebay.
This piece is 11" x 14" and was painted on location at Ruby Beach on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. I had just started this when the fog started to roll in. It was a mad race to the finish. When I folded up my easel, I was in pea soup.
The pastel is lightly sprayed and will be shipped protected by glassine between two pieces of foam core. Pastels are pure pigment. They are completely fade resistant - more so than oils or watercolor. Color may vary from the original depending on your monitor.




No comments: