Thursday, May 17, 2007

Original Pastel Painting of California Central Coastal Valley, 20" x 24"

"Coastal Valley Storm"

Click here to inquire or purchase
from Susan


My absolute favorite "happy place" is the central coastal valley of California. Just a little north and inland from Santa Barbara, the coastal valleys have rolling green pasture and beautiful California Live Oaks. I painted this from memory. The painting features beautiful warm greens and sunlit hills. The mountains are just upriver, kissed by late afternoon light. Although pastels were not my first medium, they turned out to be my most expressive and sometimes my best work is done in them. This is available for two weeks at an unframed price. After that, if it doesn't sell, it goes to the gallery. Email me if you'd like to view a larger image.

No comments: