Friday, October 22, 2010

Painting of Sea Cliffs, 24" x 36", Oil on Canvas

"The Bluffs at Dungeness"




Well, OK. I never seem to find the time to do this anymore. But I do have a really crazy schedule. I'm attending Georgetown Atelier in Seattle three days a week, teaching all day Friday, doing homework Saturday and Sunday and Monday I run a life drawing group so I can get some more practice in. Phew.

The Blue Whole Gallery in Sequim, where I show, is having a gala auction event as a fund raiser next Saturday. I managed to squeeze this out toward the end of my summer vacation and frame it just in time. It was accepted for live auction so I'm pretty happy. The interesting thing about this piece is that it was painted using just three colors and white. A very limited palette. But it goes to show how nicely this technique lends itself to a cohesive painting with good color harmony. It's a donation and I truly hope it raises some money for the event.

No comments: