Friday, December 28, 2007

Still Life Oil of Ginger Jar and fruit, 34" x 38"

"The Ginger Jar"
Click here to inquire about purchase.

Although I've taken a break from daily painting in the last two weeks, I've still been busy at the easel. Here's a piece I just finished for an upcoming competition. As you can see, it's polished but lacks a lot of the spontaneity of daily pieces. I'm working on retaining the freshness of brush stroke in my larger pieces but have a ways to go. It's very easy to get too involved in detail on these larger pieces. I am happy, however, with the light here and with the color and values. My edge control was good and I like the composition.

6 comments:

n warner said...

Nice one! I like the composition, colors and light. Good luck with the competition! Happy New Year. Nina

Tom Brown said...

I really like your loose, painterly style. Great work!

Tom Brown
http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com/

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Great composition, lighting and subject matter! Beautiful.

Susan Martin Spar said...

It's so nice to get feedback from other artists. This can be a very lonely lifestyle.

PAT MEYER -- said...

When seeing this painting it immediately caught my eye. Should do great with the judges. Let us know how it comes out. Pat Meyer Fine Art

Barbara Pask said...

I also love your composition. You do such nice detail work.