Friday, December 28, 2007

Still Life Oil of Ginger Jar and fruit, 34" x 38"

"The Ginger Jar"
Click here to inquire about purchase.

Although I've taken a break from daily painting in the last two weeks, I've still been busy at the easel. Here's a piece I just finished for an upcoming competition. As you can see, it's polished but lacks a lot of the spontaneity of daily pieces. I'm working on retaining the freshness of brush stroke in my larger pieces but have a ways to go. It's very easy to get too involved in detail on these larger pieces. I am happy, however, with the light here and with the color and values. My edge control was good and I like the composition.

6 comments:

n warner said...

Nice one! I like the composition, colors and light. Good luck with the competition! Happy New Year. Nina

Tom Brown said...

I really like your loose, painterly style. Great work!

Tom Brown
http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com/

jeanneillenye said...

Great composition, lighting and subject matter! Beautiful.

Susan said...

It's so nice to get feedback from other artists. This can be a very lonely lifestyle.

Pat Meyer said...

When seeing this painting it immediately caught my eye. Should do great with the judges. Let us know how it comes out. Pat Meyer Fine Art

Barbie Bud said...

I also love your composition. You do such nice detail work.