Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Painting of Hanging Copper Pots

"Hanging Pots"
24" x 36"
Oil on Linen Panel

I like to sit in the mornings in a chair in my living room, cat on my lap and coffee in hand, stealing myself for the day ahead.  About a month ago, my gaze fell on my copper collection which hangs above my kitchen island. Diffused, early morning light mixed with some sun coming through the skylight lit them up and I found myself studying the composition that they made.  I usually paint from life, however, I wasn't about to put hooks in my studio ceiling and move this collection within sight of my easel.  So I took several pictures and chose the best of them for this.

This painting will be shown in River Gallery in Mt. Vernon, WA starting on September 18, 2021 for the fall show. Stop by if you have a chance.  



No comments: